Wifi signal cannot go smoothly through any thick barrier. When you have a thick wall, it becomes harder for the router to deliver signals through them. As a consequence, you cannot get the desired speed. In that case, the best wireless router for thick walls can provide a strong signal and good speed.
It comes with the latest and leading technology that allows the signal to pass through the thick walls. You will get a strong signal that will deliver buffer-free video watching and a fast internet browsing experience. Stick to this content to find out the best strong signal router for thick walls.
Table of Content:
Are you in a hurry or want to jump into a specific section? Then you can check our table of content to perceive everything below.
- 5 Best Wireless Router for Thick Walls Reviews 2020
- Why Should You Buy a Wireless Router for Thick Walls?
- How Can I Boost My Wifi Signal From Thick Walls?
- Bottom Line
We have created a comparison chart with some high-quality wireless routers that can deliver signals through thick walls. Check it out to make a better and right decision.
5 Best Wireless Router for Thick Walls Reviews 2020
Since the market is so competitive now, it is saturated with different models of routers from different brands. Finding the best wireless router for thick walls becomes harder for newbies. Here are some suggestions for wireless routers for thick walls.
1. AmpliFi HD WiFi System by Ubiquiti Labs
AmpliFi HD WiFi System by Ubiquiti Labs is an excellent router to get a good signal through thick walls. It can be the most powerful home wireless router with two MeshPoints. This removes dead zones and delivers a superior coverage up to 10,000 sq. ft through the wall. You can enhance the range as well with additional adjustable antennas.
The turbocharged 802.11ac Wi-Fi amplifies the radio signal and thus delivers a good speed for a buffer-free internet experience. With its simple AmpliFi app, you can install the mesh points without any hassle. Also, you can control your kids’ activities to keep them safe. Even it allows you to share your network with your guest without sharing the passwords.
Besides, it offers a more stable way to remotely manage the router. You will have an Ethernet cable, WAN port, and Gigabit Ethernet ports so that you can add external devices to it too. Its easy-to-use touchscreen display ensures even better convenience. With its LEDs, you can understand the current status of the router easily.
AmpliFi HD WiFi Features:
- The router comes with two MeshPoints and adjustable antennas that removes every dead zone of the apartment or office.
- Its turbocharged 802.11ac Wi-Fi enhances the signal strength and delivers a coverage up to 10,000 sq. ft.
- You have the AmpliFi app that makes the installation super easy and lets you manage the app remotely.
- It gives you parental control that allows you to control the online time and activities of your kids.
- You have a touch screen display for added benefit where its guest networks keep your data safe.
2. NETGEAR Orbi Tri-band Whole Home Mesh WiFi System
If you are really after the best wireless router for thick walls, consider the NETGEAR Orbi Tri-band Mesh WiFi System. It comes with mesh technology that removes the dead zone of the thick walls. Also, it delivers you a WiFi coverage of up to 5,000 sqft. You can use additional satellites to cover 2,500 square feet more area.
A dedicated third band is there between the Orbi router and satellite that ensures a higher speed. With its MU-MIMO technology, you can connect 25+ devices at once and get equal speed in every device. You have the beamforming technologies as well that offer a higher speed as well. An Orbi app is there as well which makes the installation easier.
You will have NETGEAR Armor along with the WPA2 wireless security protocols. It ensures maximum security against viruses, malware, and other phishing. Besides, it offers parental control to ensure the safety of your beloved kids. Also, you will get Guest WiFi as well to share the network without sharing the password. Most importantly, it is suitable for any internet provider.
NETGEAR Orbi Tri-band Features:
- The router features advanced mesh technology to deliver up to 5,000 sq ft coverage through the thick walls.
- It has NETGEAR Armor and WPA2 wireless security so that no hacker can easily break your security.
- You have beamforming technologies and a dedicated third band to deliver higher speed for a better online experience.
- It allows users to connect 25 devices at once with the same speed as the MU-MIMO technology.
- You have an app for easy installation and parental control to keep your kids safe from harmful websites.
3. GRYPHON – Advance Security & Parental Control Mesh WiFi Router
GRYPHON Mesh WiFi Router can be the best routers for concrete walls with its Wireless Mesh Technology. You can have wall to wall coverage up to 3000 sq ft. Besides, it allows you to expand the coverage through some additional units as well. You can enjoy streaming, gaming, and downloading at a higher speed with this router.
It features 6 high powered antennas along with the 4×4 MU-MIMO technology so that you can get equal high speed to all the devices. With its Antenna Beamforming and 802.11bgn & AC3000, you can enjoy up to 3Gbps speed. Also, it features Tri-Band Radio so that you have a better working experience as well.
The router offers 24/7 protection with daily security updates to avoid viruses and hacker attacks. Also, it offers AD Blocker and ESET Technology to prevent malware attacks too. With the Gryphon app, you can easily install it simply by following the attached manual. You have parental controls to see and control your kids’ activities to ensure their safety.
- The router comes with Wireless Mesh Technology and 6 high powered antennas for a wall to wall coverage.
- Its Antenna Beamforming technology and 802.11bgn & AC3000 features ensure fast speed.
- You can use multiple devices with an equal higher speed with the MU-MIMO technology.
- It features ESET Technology to offer 24/7 protection with daily security updates to keep your data safe.
- The app allows you to install the system easily and control the online deeds of your kids.
4. ASUS AC2900 WiFi Dual-band Gigabit Wireless Router
ASUS AC2900 WiFi Dual-band Gigabit Wireless Router comes into the market to deliver advanced technology for a better internet experience. It comes with the advanced 802. 11AC MU-MIMO technology that transfers data faster with a speed of up to 2900 Mbps through the walls. You have a 1.8GHz 32bit dual-core processor that even delivers a higher speed as well.
Since it has dual Band capabilities, it separates the networks to deliver a seamless network connection. It features USB 3. 1 Gen1 as well as 4x Gigabit LAN ports for using external devices as well. With its Trend Micro, you can get 24/7 protection from any kind of external attacks and threats to protect your data.
This asus wireless router features an ASUS router app that allows you to set up your network without any hassle. Also, it helps you get the parental control you need to keep your kids and family members safe from harmful sites. You will even have instant notifications as well if anything important happens.
ASUS AC2900 Features:
- The router is equipped with the advanced 802. 11AC MU-MIMO technology for higher speed.
- This offers dual-band technology that enables two networks to work together for a seamless connection.
- You can secure your most valuable data from hackers and other attacks with Trend Micro.
- An app is there to let you enjoy the easy installation and keep your kids safe with parental control.
- You have useful ports that allow you to attach useful devices for different types of work.
5. MeshForce Whole Home Mesh WiFi System
MeshForce Whole Home Mesh WiFi System is another great example of the most powerful wireless router. It has dual-band technology to reduce network clogging and flawless connection. You will have 4000 sq.Ft. coverage and you can enhance the range to remove all the dead spots with the dots as well.
With this router, you can easily connect up to 60 devices. You will have WPA/WPA2 psk mixed security that assures military level encryption to secure your data. My mesh app is there that allows you to install the router at your home without investing too much time. Also, it helps you manage the router remotely.
Also, it lets you see and control what your kids and family members are doing online. You can even share the network with others without sharing your password with this app too. This router comes with Gigabit Ethernet so that you have more convenience to use this router. You will have a smart hub that ensures wireless connectivity.
MeshForce Whole Home Features:
- The router comes with dual-band technology for a large 4000 sq ft coverage with expandability.
- It allows you to connect up to 60 devices wirelessly with the smart hub for even more convenience.
- The WPA/WPA2 psk mixed security protects your privacy from third party people and gives you peace of mind.
- You’ll get the My Mesh app that makes the installation hassle-free and checks and controls the kids’ activities.
- The design of this router is elegant that perfectly matches your home or room aesthetic ambiance.
Why Should You Buy a Wireless Router for Thick Walls?
Since you are determined to buy a wireless router, you need to know the benefits of it. So here are some benefits you can get from those routers.
- It allows you to connect all of your devices even if you have thick walls around your home.
- You can use a single router to connect multiple devices throughout all your rooms or sector of your office.
- Most good routers for thick walls allow you to set a parental network to prevent your kids from browsing harmful sites.
- You can even expand the coverage of the wifi network throughout the walls in most of the routers.
- Most good routers for thick walls offer higher security to save your privacy and confidential data.
How Can I Boost My Wifi Signal From Thick Walls?
When you have thick walls, the signal your router sends gets interrupted. As a result, it cannot reach your devices with proper strength. So here are some tips through which you can easily boost your wifi signal even from the thick walls.
Upgrade your router:
The main problem you are not getting enough speed is probably the router. So, to boost your wifi signal, you need to change the router that is performing poorly. In that case, you should upgrade your router to a good router that can offer you a higher speed through the thick walls. You need a powerful router along with advanced technology. Choose one from the list above that we have mentioned upgrading your existing one.
Place it in the right position:
Maybe you know that wifi signals spread in a circle. That means if you keep it in one part of your home or office, you will not get enough reach for higher speed through the thick wall. Also, if you place it down to the floor, it will not deliver a strong signal since you may know that the radio signal goes downwards. So place it exactly in the middle of the home and at a good height.
Try wifi extender or mesh:
If your router is good enough and the placement is ok, then you can try using the wifi extender or mesh. These meshes or extenders help you boost your wifi signal so that you get a good speed. Since these are cost-effective, it can be an amazing yet inexpensive solution to your thick wall problem. However, make sure you choose the right extender or mesh to get the best service.
Change antennas’ position:
A lot of people use antennas to remove dead zones from the thick walls. This is a good idea; however, not all the time, it can work due to bad positions. If you face the same case, you should change the antennas’ position and place it exactly where you want the most speed. This can be another effective solution to overcome thick wall problems.
Another good way to boost your wifi signal from the thick walls is by using the adapter. You need to add it to your main property, and it will add data to the main signal to make it even stronger. So if your other things are ok yet you are not getting the right signal, you can try it for sure.
Frequently Asked Questions
Have any questions to ask? If so, then you can check out the section below where we have answered some most common questions.
Can thick walls affect wireless Internet?
Though wifi signals can easily pass thick walls, in theory, it is not the actual scenario at all. A thick wall can interrupt the signal and make the signal weaker for your device.
Do WiFi extenders work through walls?
If you can pick a good wifi extender that actually enhances your signal strength, it can then work through walls. However, traditional extenders might not give you the best result.
Where is the best place to put a router in your house?
Radio signals always go downward and spread in a circle. Therefore, you should place it in the middle of your home at a proper height. Also, make sure it is placed in a free place without any barrier.
Where should you not put a router?
You should not place your router in such a position where the signal it spreads gets interrupted. That means you should not place it down to your device, too high position, and at the corner of your home with lots of barriers.
Does 5GHz WiFi go through walls?
Well, not even 5GHz wifi can easily penetrate any thick objects such as walls. Yes, it can go through it for sure but the signal passes through, it gets weaker and weaker.
When you have thick walls in your home or office, you cannot get a good speed to browse smoothly. To solve the problem, you have to get the best wireless router for thick walls. It offers you an amazing online experience in multiple rooms with a single router. We have portrayed some good routers for thick walls.
If you are not yet sure to pick the best one, I will suggest you go for the NETGEAR Orbi Tri-band Mesh WiFi System. It offers a good range of coverage at a higher speed. Also, you have advanced security and parental options as well. So this Mesh WiFi System can be the best choice for thick walls.