Routers become part and parcel of our daily life. We cannot imagine a single day without a router and an internet connection. Along with the other 5 basic needs, an uninterrupted internet connection becomes the 6th need of our life nowadays. That is why people want to invest a lot of money to get a good router for a ceaseless fast network.
You do not have to invest thousands of dollars at all. It is possible to get the best routers under 150 that will provide you. However, you have to make sure that you are choosing the right one with the best quality. Otherwise, you will end up buying a bad router that cannot provide fast speed with other benefits.
How Does The Router Work?
The main task is to receive a data packet and send it to a specific destination. It can be a network to a computer or other devices or devices to devices as well. It comes with several rules that determine which path is the best to send the data. That means the router is a device that connects the internet to your device via wired or wireless.
At first, the internet service or broadband comes to your home or business office and then gets connected to the modem. It translates the data packets into meaningful information. Then it sends the meaning data to the router, and the router sends it to the device through wire or network.
Table of Content:
Are you running out of time yet want to know the things we have discussed below? If yes, then have a look at the table of content to perceive everything described below.
- 6 Best Routers Under 150 Reviews 2020
- What Do I Need In A Router?
- How to Increase the Range of Your Router?
You should compare some good routers at once to choose the best one for your home or office. Check out our comparison chart to make the best decision.
6 Best Routers Under 150 Reviews 2020
You will find many routers under 150, claiming that they are the best. However, not all of them are good, and as a newbie, you cannot find the best one easily. So here are the suggestions for you.
1. TP-Link WiFi 6 AX3000 Smart WiFi Router
The TP-Link Smart WiFi Router is one of the great wifi routers with its large coverage and high power. It comes with a dual-core CPU that delivers a smooth and uninterrupted net connection. You have this 4-Stream dual-band technology that provides a buffer-free network up to 3 Gbps and large reliable coverage.
It can be the best wifi router under 150 with its Wi-Fi 6 OFDMA technology; you can connect even more devices at once. Its MU-MIMO technology will deliver equal speed to all of your devices. You have the target wake time technology that reduces the power consumption and enriches battery life. Setting up the router is easier with its easy to setup design.
With its TP-Link advanced HomeCare next level antivirus, your data is protected in the network, and no one can easily break the security at all. You can have perfect parental controls with this router. It allows you to control time, network, filtering, and others to provide a safe online experience for your kids. You can even control the router with Alexa as it is fully compatible with Alexa.
TP-Link WiFi Features:
- The router comes with dual-band 4-Stream technology and a dual-core CPU for maximum coverage and fast internet speed.
- It offers OFDMA technology that allows you to connect more devices simultaneously where its MU-MIMO technology ensures even speed distribution.
- The target wake time technology prevents more energy consumption and thus prolongs the battery life.
- You can control your kids’ online activities with parental control easily for a safer environment for your kids.
- It features advanced HomeCare that prevents hackers from breaking your security and steal your data.
2. Linksys EA7500 Dual-Band Wi-Fi Router
Linksys EA7500 Dual-Band Wi-Fi Router is one of the most reliable wireless routers in the market with its dual-band technology avoids any connection issues. As a result, you will get a more stable network all the time. With its advanced technology, you will get to 1.9 Gbps speed for a smoother online experience.
It can be the best wireless router under 150 with its 1,500 square feet of coverage. You can connect 15+ wireless devices at once, and its MU MIMO will deliver a high-speed internet connection to all the devices. You have advanced Beamforming technology that allows you to strengthen the network speed of a specific device to work or enjoy 4k streaming without any buffering.
The router has strong parental controls that let you control the online activities of your kids. An amazing app comes with the router to do all these. With its USB 3.0 port, you connect any external storage device 10x faster. You have an easy setup design that lets you set up the router without any professional help or CD. So overall, this one can be a good choice for you for your office or home.
Linksys EA7500 Features:
- The router comes with dual-band technology that delivers an uninterrupted 1.9 Gbps speed for the buffer-free online experience.
- It can cover up to 1,500 square feet and lets you connect 15+ wireless devices at once with its MU MIMO technology.
- You have the Beamforming technology that lets you enable higher speed in a specific device for a better working environment.
- It features an advanced parental control that allows you to see, block, and control your kids’ online activities.
- An app can easily control the router easily, where it’s easy to set up design, making it easier to install the router.
3. ARRIS SURFboard Dual Band Wi-Fi Router
ARRIS SURFboard Dual-Band Wi-Fi Router can be the best wifi router for home office with its 2 gigabit Ethernet port and high-speed capability. It comes with dual-band concurrent technology that can deliver you up to 400 Mbps speed, which is more than enough for your home or even office.
With its 2 gigabit Ethernet port, you can save your office or home space yet get a good online experience. A SURFboard Manager app enables you to manage the router with ease from anywhere in the world. As a result, you can control your office router from home or home router from the office as well.
This Quality router under 150 dollar is compatible with all major cable internet providers of the USA, making it a suitable option for everyone. With its 16 downstream and 4 upstream channels, you get a buffer-free online surfing experience for 4k streaming and high-quality gaming.
ARRIS SURFboard Features
- The router offers dual-band technology that ensures large coverage with a good speed for an amazing online experience.
- You have 16 downstream as well as 4 upstream channels that deliver you up to 400 Mbps speed.
- It features 2 gigabit Ethernet port that allows you to use the same router for multiple devices at once.
- You have the SURFboard Manager app that allows you to control your router from home or office without any hassle.
- The router is perfectly compatible with all the popular USA cables that make it a perfect option for you.
4. Rockspace WiFi Router
Rockspace WiFi Router is a powerful wifi router for big house with a coverage capacity of 1300sq.ft. It features dual-band technology that eradicates the network issue and provides you up to 2033Mbps speed for buffer-free streaming and online experience. You have the beamforming technology to strengthen the signal for maximum speed on a specific device.
The router allows users to use multiple devices at once with its MU-MIMO technology for a higher speed all the time. It can be the best Smart WiFi Router with its RS App that lets you control the router from anywhere in the world. You have the timer switch that allows you to prevent your kids from accessing the internet during study time. Other than that, you have gigabit port and LAN ports for maximum convenience as well.
It comes with WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK security that prevents hackers from breaking your network and stealing your information. With its intelligent power-saving technology, it allows you the turn off the light for night sleep. Installing the router is easier here, too, with its easy to setup design.
Rockspace WiFi Features:
- The router offers dual-band technology along with beamforming technology for a fast and strong network up to 2033Mbps.
- It features MU-MIMO technology that allows users to use multiple devices at a higher speed.
- You have the app that lets you control the router from anywhere where its gigabit and LAN port ensure maximum convenience.
- It has a timer switch that allows you to control your kids’ online surfing and prevent your kids from overusing the internet.
- The WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK security feature makes it extremely hard for hackers to access your network.
5. NETGEAR Nighthawk Smart WiFi Router
If you are after the best routers under 150, you should consider the NETGEAR Nighthawk Smart WiFi Router. You can get a higher speed up to 1500 square feet with its dual-band technology that reduces connection issues and provides a smooth connection all the time. It can be the best cheap routers for gaming as it offers up to 1750 Mbps speed at an affordable cost.
This router features a 1GHz dual-core processor that amplifies the speed as well. For even higher speed, you have 3 powerful amplified antennas. It comes with Beamforming plus, which allows you to get even top speed on a specific device. You can connect up to 25 devices at once, making it suitable for office and home use. It has Netgear Armor along with the WPA2 wireless security that ensures the highest and strongest security for your network and devices from hackers.
The router features Smart parental controls so that you can see the browsing history, pause internet access, and control the usage of your kids’ online activities. With its 4 x 1 gigabit Ethernet ports, you can add different wired devices with it where its 1 x 3.0 USB port allows you to connect other storage devices.
NETGEAR Nighthawk Features:
- The router comes with dual-band and beamforming plus technology for up to 1500 square feet coverage for a smooth and buffer-free online experience.
- It features a 1GHz dual-core processor with 3 powerful antennas that offer you up to 1750 Mbps speed for lagging free streaming.
- You can connect 25 wireless devices and have 4 x 1 gigabit Ethernet ports and 1 x 3.0 USB port to connect wired devices.
- Its Netgear Armor, along with the WPA2 wireless security, protects your network and devices from data-stealing and unauthorized access.
- You will get smart parental control to control, view, and pause your kid’s rent activities.
6. ASUS Dual-Band 2×2 AC1300 Super-Fast Router
The ASUS Dual-Band Super-Fast Router comes into the market to provide a fast and smooth online experience. It features dual-band technology that provides speeds of up to 1267 Mbps. It has 4 external 5dBi antennas that amplify the speed and ensure multiple device connections with ease.
It can be the best 4 port router with its latest 2×2 MU MIMO technology that provides even speed to all the devices at once. With its WEP, WPA PSK, WPA Enterprise, and other security features, it protects the network with the highest strength so that you have no unauthorized access at all.
This super fast wifi router is integrated with ASUS Router App to control the app from away without any hassle. You have the ASUSWRT web-based interface that makes the installation of the app extremely easier. Its USB 3.0 port lets you connect other devices with the network for an even better user experience.
ASUS Dual Features:
- The router comes with dual-band technology that can provide concurrent speed up to 1267 Mbps with large area coverage.
- You have 4 external 5dBi antennas along with the latest 2×2 MU MIMO technology for multiple devices with higher speed.
- It has an advanced security feature that prevents hackers from accessing your network and gives you peace of mind.
- You have ASUS Router App and ASUSWRT web-based interface that makes controlling and installing easier than ever.
- It features a USB 3.0 port that lets you share external devices with your network for an even better working experience.
What Do I Need In A Router?
Before choosing the best router for you, you should know what you need in your router. Without knowing that, you cannot choose the right router. So here are the things you need in a router.
Dual-band technology reduces the network issue and provides lag-free, buffer-free online streaming and browsing experience. That is why when choosing the router for under 150 bucks, make sure you have checked whether the router is dual-band or not.
Beamforming and MU-MIMO technology
Beamforming technology allows users to get the highest speed to a specific device. If you want to get maximum speed on your device for 4k streaming or other works, you have to choose the beamforming technology. Besides, MU-MIMO technology distributes the speed of equality to all the devices for a better user experience.
Security is a major issue for sure when it comes to routers. That is why it is important to have higher security in your router. Otherwise, the hackers may breach your security and steal your valuable and credential information that you don’t want for sure.
Kids always like to browse the internet. In this era, it becomes a major problem. That is why it is important to choose a router that offers parental control. You can then check what your kids are browsing, what they are doing online. Also, you can block adult websites and other things to provide a better environment for your kids.
Other key features
Besides, you need some other key features in your 150 dollar router as well. For example, you need gigabit ports and USB ports. You also need easy to use setup, user apps, and others to have a smooth operation.
How to Increase the Range of Your Router?
We all want to increase the range of your router. First, you need to ensure the right router placement in house. Make sure it is in the center of your home. Also, it should be away from the wall or any other metal. You need to put it in a higher position as the radio waves spread downward. You can even use a range extender to increase the range of your router. However, you have to make sure your router has a good coverage capacity to get a good range.
Frequently Asked Question
Do you have any more questions? If yes, then have a look at the section below.
Do you need a router for WiFi?
Not exactly; you do not need a router until you are using it for you with a wired device such as a laptop or desktop. However, when you will use it for your wireless device and share it with others, you have to have a router for Wi-Fi.
Can a better router increase internet speed?
Of course, a better router will increase the speed of your internet along with the coverage as well. Most of the good routers come with advanced technology to deliver a great speed for buffer-free streaming.
How often to replace a router?
A good router will provide you good quality service for up to 3 to 4 years. That means you need to replace a good router every 3 to 4 years.
Can a router be used as a modem?
Not exactly, you cannot use your router as a modem. However, thee advanced routers are available in the market that offer both the modem and router facilities.
A good router will provide you good speed, more security, and no network issue at all. As a result, you can enjoy the best streaming and online browsing experience with a good router. That is why it is important to choose the best router for your home or business. We have portrayed some good routers within your budget.
If you are not yet sure which one will be the best routers under 150, I suggest you go for the NETGEAR Nighthawk Smart WiFi Router. It offers up to 1750 Mbps speed and 1500 square feet coverage with its dual-band technology.
You also have a dual-core processor, 3 powerful amplified antennas, Beamforming plus technology for higher speed. It ensures security with the Netgear Armor along with the WPA2 wireless security. So overall, this one can be the best choice for your home and office without any doubt.